A RIGHT-WING politician has accused a pro-immigrant group of being "human traffickers" and claimed they are helping migrants cross a border illegally.
Hundreds of migrants cross Spanish border & clash with police
- More than 300 migrants forced their way into Spanish territory in Northern Africa early Friday by breaking through a gate in the fence that separates Morocco from the Ceuta enclave, a spokesman from Spain's Civil Guard said.
Three Civil Guard agents and two migrants were sent to the hospital for treatment as a result of the clashes at the Tarajal area of the fence, a spokesman said. He declined to disclose his identity in line with internal policy. At least 10 members of the Moroccan armed forces were also injured, he said.READ MORE: France: Rioters shout 'Allahu Akbar' during violent Paris protests where car was set on fire
According to the Civil Guard, a surveillance camera showed around 600 people approaching the fence about 6 a.m. local time (0500 GMT). They used tools and clubs to break one of the gates.
In video filmed by Faro TV Ceuta, some of the migrants can be seen with blood on their faces and bruises but mostly celebrating the arrival in Spanish territory. Some wrapped themselves with Spanish and European flags and screamed "Freedom, freedom!"(Excerpt) Read more at: sfgate.com ...
- Photo credit(s): sfgate.com
- Law enforcement and riot police have been deployed to Bulgaria's largest migrant and refugee camp, located in the town of Harmanli..
- French police squared off with migrants Saturday night during protests against the closure of the infamous "Jungle" migrant camp in Calais.
- France has protested vigorously to its northern neighbor after two Belgian policemen drove a group of illegal migrants into France and released them.
- Austrian police have clashed with protesters demonstrating against the closure of Europe's borders to migrants.