A federal appeals court on Tuesday issued an opinion saying that Virginia's voter identification law is constitutional and does not violate the Voting Rights Act.
Court finds Texas voter ID law to be discriminatory
- A judge Monday again ruled that Republican lawmakers deliberately designed a strict voter ID law to disadvantage minorities and effectively dampen their growing electoral power.
It amounted to the second finding of intentional discrimination in Texas election laws in as many months - a separate court in March ruled that Republicans racially gerrymandered several congressional districts when drawing voting maps in 2011, the same year the voter ID rules were passed.READ MORE: Immigrant's store firebombed with a threatening note from "White America". Perpetrator revealed by CCTV
The latest voter ID ruling by U.S. District Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos of Corpus Christi comes more than two years after she likened the ballot-box rules in Texas, known as SB 14, to a "poll tax" meant to suppress minority voters. On Monday, she reaffirmed that conclusion after an appeals court asked her to go back and re-examine her findings(Excerpt) Read more at: apnews.com ...
- Photo credit(s): apnews.com
- Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee forced the delay of a vote on Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch on Monday.
- Fresh from a trip to traffic court, Lester Packingham Jr. celebrated his turn of good fortune by announcing to friends on Facebook that his pending..
- The top lawyer for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign has joined the board of a major Democratic Super PAC funded by liberal billionaire George Soros..
- A faithless elector is a member of the Electoral College who votes against the popular vote in their state. Chris Suprun is one of them.
- Maine governor accused of voter intimidation for advising college students to follow registration lawMaine Gov. Paul LePage is being accused of voter intimidation after telling college students they need to register to vote in the state
- A majority of voters believe Hillary Clinton has done something illegal, according to a new McClatchy-Marist Poll days before the presidential election.
- A Grand Prairie, Texas woman has been arrested for attempting to vote five times in elections.