President Donald Trump has offered to continue funding for Planned Parenthood if the organization ends their abortion services.
US Senate passes bill to let states strip funding from Planned Parenthood
- Congress approved a bill Thursday that will let states strip federal funds from Planned Parenthood, as Republicans flexed their control of Washington and launched their first successful strike in years against the country's largest abortion network.
Democrats vowed political retributions, saying women who are already anxious over the GOP's agenda will bristle at what they see as an assault on their health care choices.(Excerpt) Read more at: washingtontimes.com ...
- Photo credit(s): washingtontimes.com
- Barack Obama's Health and Human Services Department (HHS) issued a final rule Wednesday designed to thwart state efforts to defund Planned Parenthood.
- Leading Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton "would like to see Planned Parenthood even get more funding."
- Senate Democrats blocked a proposal to defund Planned Parenthood.
- New Hampshire Sen. Jeanne Shaheen introduced legislation that gives the Justice Department additional authority..
- The Department of State is seeking to cute more than 50 percent of the funding the United States is providing to UN programs..
- Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA) introduced legislation on Friday that would prevent funding for U.S. boots on the ground in Syria..