According to the LawNewz.com count, Donald Trump officially received the necessary 270 electoral votes to become the 45th President of the United States.
Republicans vote to weaken Congressional ethics watchdog
- Republican members of the House voted Monday to strip the independence from the Office of Congressional Ethics, bringing the non-partisan watchdog under the oversight of the House Ethics Committee -- some of the people it is designed to keep an eye on.
The House Ethics Committee will now have jurisdiction over the Office of Congressional Ethics, which also will be restricted from investigating anonymous tips against lawmakers, must keep information about investigations secret and sets a statute of limitations on how long the office can investigate members of Congress.
Va. Rep. Bob Goodlatte, who proposed the amendment, announced its adoption for the new rules package after a meeting of the House Republican Conference.
While Speaker of the House Paul Ryan and House majority leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy opposed the measure, stripping the OCE of its independence was approved by an overwhelming 119 to 74 vote at the conference.(Excerpt) Read more at: upi.com ...
- Photo credit(s): upi.com
- Texas Republican elector Christopher Suprun has already stated he will not cast his electoral vote for President-elect Donald Trump..
- Senate Republicans have re-elected Kentucky's Mitch McConnell to be majority leader when the new Congress convenes in..
- A registered Republican voter from New York is attempting to sue Donald Trump for $1 billion, arguing the president-elect's campaign..
- Sen. Lindsey Graham voted for Independent conservative presidential candidate Evan McMullin instead of Donald Trump.
- Pennsylvania Republican Party Registers over 243,000 New Voters; Including Almost 100,000 Former DemocratsAlmost 100,000 Pennsylvania Democrats switched their party affiliation to Republican in the past ten months.