Thirty-one Democratic and Republican Senators are asking the Department of Homeland Security to maximize the use of blue-collar..
H-1B Visa Architect: Program 'Hijacked' to Displace American Workers
- Former Rep. Bruce Morrison (D-Conn.) said the 1990 H-1B visa program he helped craft has been "hijacked" to routinely replace American workers with cheaper foreign labor. He made his comments during a special that aired Sunday on CBS' "60 Minutes."
CBS Evening News journalist Bill Whitaker explored the controversy surrounding the H-1B visa program, which allows American corporations to hire foreign workers. Morrison insisted the bill he helped create was intended to help companies fill scientific jobs with qualified candidates. He accused companies of shamelessly outsourcing thousands of jobs to younger, cheaper, and temporary foreign workers through a loophole that allows companies to hire the foreign workers for jobs paying over $60,000.
Morrison noted these types of scientific jobs often earn American workers $120,000 to $140,000 per year. But because foreign workers will take those jobs for far less, American companies often choose outsourcing over valuing their American workers.(Excerpt) Read more at: lifezette.com ...
- Photo credit(s): lifezette.com
- Secretary of Labor Pick Changes Tune on Immigration: 'I Will Fiercely Defend American Workers' Over ForeignersPresident-elect Donald J. Trump's choice for Secretary of Labor seemed to renounce his former positions on immigration - in which he supported foreigners..
- U.S. President-elect Donald Trump on Friday pledged to stop companies from abusing the visa process for foreign workers in a way that undermines..
- The main U.S. visa program for technology workers could face renewed scrutiny under President-elect Donald Trump and his proposed Attorney General..
- Refugees are desperately in need of American sports programs. At least, that's what a federal officials intend to spend taxpayer money on.
- The Obama administration and a coalition of U.S.-based refugee advocacy organizations are working to create a pilot program which will allow..
- "Typically the immigrants do jobs - tending crops, washing dishes, mowing lawns - that native-born Americans do not want," the Post claimed.