Sweden paid the equivalent of more than £4,300 in welfare to an Islamic State terrorist as he fought with the Jihadist group in their Syrian..
UK: Muslim uses $1,200 in welfare benefits to take his family to Syria to join ISIS
- A former suspect in a gang murder has fled to Syria - after being radicalised in what is allegedly one of Britain's most secure prisons.
Shahan Choudhury, 30, vanished from his flat in London last year and has since used Twitter to urge other British Muslims to carry out terror attacks in the UK.
He has been joined in Syria by his wife and three children, including a baby.
According to the Sunday Times the family's escape may have been funded by housing benefit payments.
Choudhury's wife Mehak is alleged to have traveled to Syria in early 2016, a few months after her husband.
The family's landlady discovered that Mehak had received a monthly housing benefit payment of £1,000 - which she'd failed to pass on as rent.(Excerpt) Read more at: dailymail.co.uk ...
- Photo credit(s): dailymail.co.uk
- While the Islamic State continues to lose significant amounts of territory and manpower, al-Qaida's branch in Syria is returning to prominence with increased suicide attacks.
- The United States is open to carrying out joint operations with Russia in its fight against the Daesh (ISIL) terrorist group in Syria..
- As part of a new initiative to combat terrorism and the ISIS, Denmark will stop paying benefits to Islamic State terrorists.
- A Syrian man has been arrested in Germany on suspicion of seeking 180,000 euros ($190,000) from the Islamic State group to buy vehicles that he..
- Denmark has been paying welfare assistance to dozens of citizens, who travelled to Syria to join Daesh terrorists, and expects them to return the payments..
- An Italian woman who traveled to Syria two years ago proclaiming her support for Islamic State was sentenced in absentia on Monday to nine..