President Donald Trump said on Friday that he was disappointed that a conservative faction in the House of Representatives blocked..
Trump admin: Healthcare replacement may be revived
- Another attempt to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act is in the works, after a vote on a bill was abruptly canceled last week, the Trump administration says.
House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., acknowledged Friday that "Obamacare is the law of the land," referring to the existing healthcare legislation President Donald Trump eagerly sought to replace during his presidential campaign. A House vote on a GOP alternative healthcare plan was scrapped after it became clear it had inadequate support.
"I know we're going to make a deal on healthcare. That's such an easy one. So, I have no doubt that that's going to happen very quickly. I think it will actually, I think it's going to happen, because we've all been promising - Democrat, Republican - we've all been promising that to the American people, so I think a lot of good things are going to happen."(Excerpt) Read more at: breitbart.com ...
- Photo credit(s): breitbart.com
- President Trump said Friday that Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) should remain Speaker of the House if the afternoon vote on the GOP healthcare plan fails.
- Republican congressional investigators expect a potential "smoking gun" establishing that the Obama administration spied..
- U.S. President Donald Trump may face his first major legislative hurdle on Thursday: a do-or-die vote in the House of Representatives..
- Members of the Donald Trump transition team, possibly including Trump himself, were under surveillance during the Obama administration following November's election..
- Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA) introduced legislation on Friday that would prevent funding for U.S. boots on the ground in Syria..
- White House press secretary Sean Spicer said in an interview broadcast Saturday that President Trump is committed to the healthcare plan proposed by House..
- Barack Obama has reportedly deployed a team to "keep tabs" on the Trump administration and attempt to preserve his legacy, according to the Huffington Post.