Proposed Texas law would make targeting cops a hate crime
- A new bill proposed by Texas state lawmakers Monday would make it a hate crime to target police officers or first responders.
The legislation was filed just one day after a longtime San Antonio police officer was assassinated while he sat in his patrol car writing a ticket.READ MORE: Michigan Officer Michael Peters Suspended for Driving With Confederate Flag Near Anti-Trump Protest, Police Say
"Texas will arm our prosecutors, D.A.s and judges with every tool they need to punish to the fullest extent possible those who harm our first responders," he explained.
If passed, the bill would become the first of its kind in the United States.(Excerpt) Read more at: theblaze.com ...
- Photo credit(s): theblaze.com
- Fast-foot giant McDonald's fired a Houston-area employee this week for refusing to serve an off-duty police officer.
- Police in Traverse City, Michigan have announced the suspension of Officer Michael Peters, after Peters allegedly drove a truck decorated..
- While not overtly ramping things up as much as the New York Police Department is tonight on the East Coast, the Los Angeles Police Department..
- More than 5,000 police officers will flood midtown Manhattan around the Election Day gatherings for Democrat Hillary Clinton and...
- The Sioux tribe has said that the proposed $3.7 billion pipeline will desecrate sacred lands and burial grounds, and devastate local wildlife and water sources
- Three in four Americans (76 percent) say they have 'a great deal' of respect for the police in their area, up 12 percentage points..
- A patriotic, pre-game celebration honoring law enforcement and first responders at a high school football game has drawn the ire..