Texas lawmaker pushing 'Constitutional Carry' gun bill
- A state lawmaker from Bedford wants to make it legal for all Texans to pack a pistol, with or without a permit.
Two controversial gun laws have come through the Texas Legislature in the past few sessions. Legislators passed the Open Carry law two years ago. Campus Carry also allows the concealed carry of handguns on college campus.
"Right now what HB 375 is looking to do is make the CHL program right now optional for folks. We don't think that Texans should have to take a required class or pay a fee to exercise their Second Amendment rights to defend themselves," Stickland said.(Excerpt) Read more at: fox4news.com ...
- Photo credit(s): foxnews.com
- To protest a new state law that makes the carrying of concealed handguns legal in college classrooms, students at the University of Texas on Wednesday..
- Three University of Texas professors asked a U.S. judge on Thursday to give them the option of barring students from bringing guns into their classroom.
- North Carolina Republican Rep. Richard Hudson Tuesday introduced the bipartisan Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 Tuesday.
- On the fourth anniversary of the Sandy Hook elementary school mass shooting, President Obama said he still believes the U.S. can muster the "courage"..
- A rural Colorado school district decided Wednesday night to allow its teachers and other school staff to carry guns on campus to protect students.
- Late Thursday, Ohio lawmakers passed a bill that would allow licensed individuals to carry concealed weapons on college campuses.
- President Obama said his biggest policy disappointment as president was not passing gun control laws, according to an interview CNN aired Wednesday evening.
- Gov. Greg Abbott, commenting on the knife attack at Ohio State University that left 11 people injured, said Tuesday that someone would "think twice"..