South Carolina state Rep. Bill Chumley, a Republican, wants to make it more difficult for state residents to access pornography, and he's hoping..
Tennessee lawmakers introduce 'Milo bill' to protect free speech at all state campuses
- Two Tennessee lawmakers introduced a bill in the Tennessee legislature this week that seeks to protect freedom of speech at Tennessee university's while preventing campuses from stifling students' First Amendment rights.
According to the Washington Times, Republican State Rep. Martin Daniel and Sen. Joey Hensley, both Republicans, introduced the "Tennessee Freedom of Speech on College Campus Bill" last Thursday which seeks to prevent state universities from adopting policies that "shield individuals from ideas and opinions considered unwelcome, disagreeable or even deeply offensive."
In addition, the bill would require every state school to "be open to any speaker whom students, student groups, or members of the faculty have invited."(Excerpt) Read more at: theblaze.com ...
- Photo credit(s): theblaze.com
- A Dutch court has convicted populist anti-Islam lawmaker Geert Wilders of hate speech charges at the end of a trial he branded a politically motivated..
- Dutch prosecutors demanded on Thursday that leader of the far-right Party for Freedom Geert Wilders pay a 5,000-euro ($5,360) fine for the incitement..
- Proponents of legislation that would protect online speech are pushing for passage before members leave for the year..