An international watchdog called on the UN Security Council on Tuesday for sanctions to be imposed on Damascus for its alleged use of chemical weapons..
Syria denies & condemns use of chemical weapons: Foreign minister
- Syria's foreign minister has dismissed allegations that the Syrian Army had deployed chemical weapons in the city of Idlib, saying the military will never use such weapons against its own people or even terrorists.
Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem denied claims that the military used chemical weapons in the western city of Idlib. Speaking at a news conference on Thursday, Muallem said an airstrike by Syrian military had targeted an arms depot where chemical weapons stockpiles were stored by Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) and Al-Nusra Front militants.
Asked if Damascus would allow a fact-finding mission into the Idlib incident, Muallem said past experience of similar investigations was "not encouraging." He also said that he could not predict "the reality of US intentions" in Syria.(Excerpt) Read more at: rt.com ...
- Photo credit(s): rt.com
- A growing number of opposition groups in Syria are getting increased weapons and ammunition supplies from the US Air Force ..
- The chemical attack on Ghouta, Syria, took place in the early hours of August 21, 2013. The town was struck by rockets containing the chemical..
- Evidence suggests that the 2013 chemical attack in the Damascus suburb of Ghouta was not carried out by the Syrian Army
- In a new video purportedly published by the Free Syrian Army aligned Harakat Nour al-Din al-Zenki, rebels are shown fighting in an urban setting.
- A newly disseminated video from Syria's Levantine Front rebel group shows them targeting Syrian army aircraft during combat.