A new team of specialist police officers is being set up to target trolls who commit hate crimes online.
Swedish Police Officer Who Spoke out on Migrant Crime Now Under Investigation for Racial Hatred
- A police officer who broke ranks to reveal that migrants are to blame for the vast majority of serious crime in Sweden is now under investigation for incitement to racial hatred.
Peter Springare's exasperated rant describing the face of crime in Sweden received a huge amount of attention since it was posted to Facebook on Friday 3rd.
But now the department of internal investigations is probing Mr. Springare for incitement to racial hatred as a result of the post, police have confirmed.
Communications officer at Örebro police, Anders Sjöberg, said the police officer will continue to work until the investigation is concluded. If Mr. Springare's Facebook activity is found to be criminal, his position in the police will be reviewed, Bergslagen human resources manager Olov Augrell told SVT.
"It is a crime in the Criminal Code so I decided to start a preliminary investigation", said Maria Sterup, chief prosecutor of the Special Prosecution Office in Malmö.(Excerpt) Read more at: breitbart.com ...
- Photo credit(s): breitbart.com
- Sweden could impose legal obligations on Facebook as a last resort if the social network does not crack down on hate speech and fake news..
- Prosecutors in the Bavarian capital are conducting an investigation into Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and other heads of the social media giant..
- Anti-Islam politician Geert Wilders can be tried on charges of inciting racial hatred, a court in The Hague ruled on Friday..
- Dinko Valev from the Bulgarian city of Yambol has been charged with instigating discrimination, violence and hatred based on race, nationality and ethnicity.
- On Tuesday, the European Union (EU) announced a new online speech code to be enforced by four major tech companies, including Facebook and YouTube.
- A man has been arrested over an online video that reportedly shows a dog making a Nazi salute.