Only 16 per cent of migrant doctors were approved to practice in Sweden following the National Board's first trial test for doctors from outside Europe.
Sweden Poised to Punish Municipalities for Not Providing Housing to Migrants
- Last year's migrant crisis put the Swedish welfare system, which is struggling to accommodate the new arrivals, under substantial strain. The 163,000 newcomers may also become a deadly blow for Sweden's housing crisis. Today, the Swedish government is considering sanctions against municipalities that fail to provide housing for all the new Swedes.
With the Swedish housing bubble teetering on the verge of bursting, Labor Minister Ylva Johansson told Swedish national broadcaster SVT she would consider imposing sanctions to punish municipalities that fail to provide housing to the numerous immigrants.
A total of 70,000 asylum-seekers were granted residence permits in Sweden in 2016 alone, thus becoming eligible to receive a home in Swedish municipalities. Many of Sweden's 290 municipalities are pressed for money in the aftermath of the migrant crisis and dread the idea of accommodating more newcomers. In late October, Ekerö Municipality decided to stop accepting refugees, having run out of "decent housing," to the dismay of Ylva Johansson.(Excerpt) Read more at: sputniknews.com ...
- Photo credit(s): sputniknews.com
- Speaking out in a frank interview with a local Swedish newspaper, a young migrant has explained how boredom and racism has driven him..
- SWEDEN is on the brink of becoming a lawless state as the police force is losing the battle against unprecedented levels of crime and violence..
- A LEFT-WING Swedish lawmaker has condemned Hungary's EU refugee quotas referendum as voters in the country are set to deliver a resounding message..
- Professor of Ethics Ann Heberlein has argued that blonde people in Sweden are subjected to racist abuse and violence from "people with a non-European appearance".
- Sweden may be descending into a crisis as a new report suggests 80 per cent of police officers are considering switching careers due..