A promised crackdown in Sweden on illegal migrants has stalled, as police have agreed to stop asking landlords and communities..
Sweden: Moves to crackdown on migrant labour as euroscepticism rises
- SWEDEN has moved to crackdown on migrant labour and make it more difficult for low-paid jobs to be offered to overseas workers.
The governing Social Democrats are proposing restrictions on migrants from outside of the EU being offered work, with a particular focus on agricultural employment.
Last year nearly 4,000 work permits were granted in Sweden for roles which required little preparatory work or training.
The Swedish Trade Union Confederation (LO) is also backing the proposal which aims at putting Swedish citizens first, the Local reports.
Stefan Lofven, the Swedish Prime Minister, told TT: "There are unemployed people in our country who could take these jobs, which don't require higher education or high levels of qualification.
"It is reasonable that they should get these jobs first."(Excerpt) Read more at: express.co.uk ...
- Photo credit(s): express.co.uk
- Campaign to Replace 'Standard Swedish' With Migrant-Inclusive Accent Launched By State-Owned CompanyState-owned company Lernia on Tuesday launched a campaign to replace the standard form of Swedish with one that's more inclusive of migrants..
- A drama teacher and actor has launched classes for "unaccompanied minors" among migrants in the town of Orebro, Sweden, helping them to understand how..
- Two of seven suspects in a case of abduction and violent sexual assault have been jailed for four years each by a Swedish court..
- A SWEDISH region has lost track of child brides as young after allowing them to remain with their adult spouses, despite the practice being illegal..
- Migration Board employees granted permanent residency to as many migrants as possible before new rules to tighten Sweden's asylum policy..
- Swedish prosecutors have arrested a Syrian man on suspicion of terrorism for an arson attack against a Muslim group two months ago.
- Labour's Shadow Secretary of Education has said a plan to give British children priority access to the best school places, before illegal migrants..