Sweden Evicts Local Disability & Dementia Groups to Make Way for Migrants
- Sixteen different disability associations are being evicted as the local government has earmarked their premises in central Piteå to house newly-arrived migrants.
The affected organisations under Sweden's disability umbrella, which include groups for the elderly and infirm and people with dementia, fear it will be difficult to find new premises that they can both afford and are accessible to the people they help.READ MORE: Europe's refugee response "shameful and cowardly," says president of Medecins Sans Frontieres
The municipality, governed by a Red-Red-Green coalition of Social Democrats, members of the Green Party, and radical Left Party, decided that the premises will be converted into housing for newly-arrived migrants.
Local government have said the disability organisations can move to a disused school, but different groups fear for how the new location might affect them.(Excerpt) Read more at: breitbart.com ...
- Photo credit(s): breitbart.com
- A group of 188 Eritreans are heading to Germany in the first big batch of refugee relocations from Italy to other EU countries.
- A promised crackdown in Sweden on illegal migrants has stalled, as police have agreed to stop asking landlords and communities..
- Following separate incidents in which children were raped in broad daylight in the multicultural city of Malmö..
- Last year's migrant crisis put the Swedish welfare system, which is struggling to accommodate the new arrivals, under substantial strain.
- Only 16 per cent of migrant doctors were approved to practice in Sweden following the National Board's first trial test for doctors from outside Europe.
- Speaking out in a frank interview with a local Swedish newspaper, a young migrant has explained how boredom and racism has driven him..