Sen. Bernie Sanders on Monday blasted the Democratic Party for failing to connect with the "white working class" voters..
Former Senator Jim Webb: White working class voters 'don't think Democrats like them'
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb said Tuesday that disillusionment with the Democratic Party among white working class voters is "a dignity issue" and also "a fairness issue."
"When you have diversity programs that exclude people simply because they are white -- and white cultures are very stratified," Webb told Fox News' "Tucker Carlson Tonight." "When you have a racial makeup for your statistics, people tend to forget the people at the bottom in terms of income and education have been frozen out of a lot of stuff in this country."READ MORE: Tennessee corrections official David Barber loses job after saying KKK is more American than Obama
"The ethnic and racial makeup of the country has dramatically changed, but the laws with respect to affirmative action and diversity have not," Webb said. "Clay County, Kentucky, the poorest county in America, is 94 percent white. And if you were in that county, where there's a 40 percent poverty rate, wouldn't you think this is reverse discrimination?"(Excerpt) Read more at: foxnews.com ...
- Photo credit(s): yahoo.com
- Documents made public by anti-secrecy organization WikiLeaks help explain President-elect Donald Trump's shocking victory in Tuesday's presidential election.
- The recent protests over President-elect Donald Trump's victory are about solidarity and togetherness, a college student insisted on CNN.
- Students at the University of California, Berkeley held a day of protest on Friday to demand the creation of additional "safe spaces" for transgender..
- Donald Trump's lead among white voters shrunk to a mere 4-percent margin, according to findings of a tracking poll released Sunday by ABC News.
- The long-predicted demographic shift among U.S. voters is expected to crash into the 2016 election, forcing Republican Donald Trump to boost his..
- Donald Trump on Thursday repudiated any support from white supremacists hours after his opponent.
- A Tennessee corrections official is out of a job after he made several inflammatory Facebook posts, including one where he said..
- Spirit Airlines has taken disciplinary action against a flight attendant who was reportedly responsible for getting a passenger kicked off..
- The three founders of Black Lives Matter have said they will not accept Donald Trump as their president and would refuse to meet..
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo launched a statewide emergency call-in system today to deal with a burst of racially and religiously-motivated..
- Five NFL players are set to meet with Congress in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday to discuss race and police brutality.
- Rep. Keith Ellison of Minnesota is making headlines after announcing his bid for chairman of the Democratic National Committee (DNC).