President Donald Trump told reporters on Wednesday he will have a replacement for the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, finished in March.
Rand Paul: House GOP health care plan is 'Obamacare lite,' 'will not pass'
- Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky on Tuesday said the House GOP's new health care plan "will not pass" and said a provision hiking premiums for people who go without insurance for a certain period of time is likely unconstitutional.
"The House bill that's been put forward is Obamacare lite. It won't work. Premiums and prices will continue to spiral out of control," Mr. Paul said on "Fox & Friends."
Mr. Paul said the plan includes insurance company bailouts and that the individual mandate to purchase health insurance or pay a penalty remains in a different form.
"The Obamacare lite bill says that you will pay the penalty not to the government, but to the insurance company. This is in all likelihood unconstitutional and could destroy the whole repeal plan," he said.(Excerpt) Read more at: washingtontimes.com ...
- Photo credit(s): washingtontimes.com
- Several Republican lawmakers said they expect House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) to step down from his leadership role after Tuesday's presidential election..
- The bipartisan deal to tackle Puerto Rico's debt crisis represents Paul Ryan's first big victory as Speaker.
- House Speaker Paul Ryan is refusing to support Donald Trump as the Republican nominee for president.
- House Speaker Paul Ryan said Wednesday the Republican Party's presidential nominee will be chosen in accordance with the convention rules "fairly and transparently."