A leading member of the Philippines' senate has called for an international criminal investigation into the country's president..
Philippines Rodrigo Duterte: Criminals have no humanity
- Criminals have no humanity, President Duterte said Thursday in response to the report of Human Rights Watch, which said drug-related extrajudicial killings may be considered crimes against humanity.
"When you kill criminals, it is not a crime against humanity. The criminals have no humanity, goddamn it," Mr. Duterte said in an ambush interview in Cebu.
The government was not responsible for those killed in other ways, he said.
"Maybe they were in a fight against priests," he added.(Excerpt) Read more at: newsinfo.inquirer.net ...
- Photo credit(s): newsinfo.inquirer.net
- President Rodrigo Duterte has made a case for the restoration of the death penalty in the Philippines, saying the law had previously lost its effectiveness..
- The highest-profile critic of Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte's brutal drug war was arrested on Friday on charges she said were meant to silence her..
- The Philippine foreign minister on Thursday said he would tell a United Nations rights body that the killings in President Rodrigo Duterte's war on drugs..
- The Philippine Senate voted Tuesday to proceed with an investigation into President Rodrigo Duterte's alleged ties to a so-called death squad.
- A staunch critic of Philippine leader Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday urged the Cabinet to declare the president unfit to rule,..
- Thousands of people took to the Manila streets Saturday in protest of Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte's deadly anti-drug campaign..