Nearly half of Republican voters disapprove of Paul Ryan's performance as House speaker, according to a new poll released Wednesday by Public Policy Polling.
Paul Ryan to GOP: 'I ask for your vote'
- House Speaker Paul Ryan asked House GOP lawmakers on Monday to re-elect him to the top leadership post, to continue the GOP agenda he began developing last year.
Ryan, R-Wis., reminded the rank-and-file it was not his "plan or desire" to be speaker, but he hopes the GOP can push a bold agenda now that Republican Donald Trump won the White House and the GOP has maintained control of Congress.
House Republicans will vote for leaders on Tuesday and will hear from candidates, including Ryan, later this afternoon.(Excerpt) Read more at: washingtonexaminer.com ...
- Photo credit(s): washingtonexaminer.com
- The chairman of the House Tea Party Caucus and one of the first men to come out against Speaker John A. Boehner told Breitbart News..
- Top Republicans Wednesday said that President-elect Donald Trump's big electoral victory provided the "coattails" to save the House and Senate GOP majorities.
- Several Republican lawmakers said they expect House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) to step down from his leadership role after Tuesday's presidential election..
- A new NBC News/SurveyMonkey poll found that 63 percent of Republicans trust Donald Trump to lead the party, compared to 34 percent for House Speaker..