Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan tore into President Barack Obama over the weekend, saying the outgoing commander in chief has favored Israel..
Urban League cites Obama 'failures' for black America in report card
- The National Urban League issued an "excellent" report card for President Obama's eight years, but highlighted numerous and important "failures," so many that they totaled 42 percent of its review.
"While we scored many of the administration's achievements with our highest rating, 'Superior,' President Obama's tenure as a whole had shortcomings due to some notable missed opportunities and outright failures, such as the economic development of urban centers, gun violence and the foreclosure rate and bank closure rate in communities of color and low-income neighborhoods. On these and other issues, we rated the Obama administration 'Fair' or 'Poor,'" wrote Urban League President Marc H. Morial.READ MORE: Al Sharpton Promises 'Season of Civil Disobedience' in Response to Jeff Sessions Nomination
Morial said Obama received the "second highest" overall grade of "excellent."
"The question is, 'Is the nation better off than it was eight years ago?' And, 'Is Black America better off than it was eight years ago?' The answer to both questions is, unequivocally, yes," he said.(Excerpt) Read more at: washingtonexaminer.com ...
- Photo credit(s): theguardian.com
- President Obama declared America was getting "browner" and that such a thing was unavoidable in an NPR interview released Monday.
- The "angry black woman" label that Michelle Obama has been tagged with by some is a caricature rooted in other people's fears, the first lady..
- America is still struggling to overcome its "legacies of slavery, Jim Crow, colonialism, and racism," President Obama told Comedy Central Monday night.
- The Santa Experience inside the Mall of America is bringing a unique experience to Twin Cities families this year.
- Bernie Sanders: Donald Trump still owes Americans an apology for 'racist' birther campaign against ObamaDonald Trump still needs to apologize for saying that President Obama wasn't born in the United States, Sen. Bernie Sanders said Sunday.
- A Tennessee corrections official is out of a job after he made several inflammatory Facebook posts, including one where he said..
- It's been about 48 hours since Donald Trump's surprise win in the US presidential election, but Alicia Scotland-Smalls..