America's top Olympic shooter, Kim Rhode, took a strong stand against gun control laws, offering full support for carrying concealed weapons and attacking gun legislation.
Obama calls for 'courage' to enact gun laws on Sandy Hook shooting anniversary
- On the fourth anniversary of the Sandy Hook elementary school mass shooting, President Obama said he still believes the U.S. can muster the "courage" to enact more gun laws.
"I still believe that there are enough good people on both sides of this issue who care more about protecting our kids than defending effortless access to guns for those who would do our kids harm," Mr. Obama said in a Facebook post. "I still believe we have the courage to change."
Mr. Obama used the shooting to prod Congress in early 2013 to enact universal background checks on gun purchases, but the effort was blocked by Republican lawmakers the Senate. Since then, the president has abandoned legislative efforts on gun control in favor of issuing executive actions to add more restrictions on firearms.(Excerpt) Read more at: washingtontimes.com ...
- Photo credit(s): washingtontimes.com
- "In terms of the threat that ISIL poses to the homeland, I think it is serious," Obama told a news conference. "We take it seriously."
- A rural Colorado school district decided Wednesday night to allow its teachers and other school staff to carry guns on campus to protect students.
- Late Thursday, Ohio lawmakers passed a bill that would allow licensed individuals to carry concealed weapons on college campuses.
- President Obama said his biggest policy disappointment as president was not passing gun control laws, according to an interview CNN aired Wednesday evening.
- Gov. Greg Abbott, commenting on the knife attack at Ohio State University that left 11 people injured, said Tuesday that someone would "think twice"..
- After a 14-year-old shot and killed a six-year-old student on the grounds of an elementary school, a South Carolina lawmaker is..
- The National Rifle Association claimed credit for Hillary Clinton's defeat and laid out its vision for the future in a new post-election video.