North Korea said Tuesday it ground-tested a new type of high-powered engine for long-range rockets, in another provocation as the U.S..
North Korea tests newly developed high-thrust rocket engine
- North Korea has conducted a ground test of a new type of high-thrust rocket engine that leader Kim Jong Un is calling a revolutionary breakthrough for the country's space program, the North's state media said Sunday.
Kim attended Saturday's test at the Sohae launch site, according to the Korean Central News Agency, which said the test was intended to confirm the "new type" of engine's thrust power and gauge the reliability of its control system and structural safety.
He also said the "whole world will soon witness what eventful significance the great victory won today carries" and claimed the test marks what will be known as the "March 18 revolution" in the development of the country's rocket industry.(Excerpt) Read more at: hosted.ap.org ...
- Photo credit(s): hosted.ap.org
- North Korea says it can test launch an intercontinental ballistic missile at any time from any location set by leader Kim Jong-un..
- North Korea conducted its fifth nuclear test on Friday, South Korea and Japan said after meteorological agencies reported a surface-level seismic tremor..
- South Korea said that North Korea on Saturday test-fired what appeared to be a submarine-launched ballistic missile off its eastern coast.
- North Korea has test-fired two mid-range ballistic missiles from its eastern coast, says South Korea.