NORTH Korea has pledged to launch a nuclear strike on the US if a "single bullet is fired" as US forces flood the Korean Peninsula.
North Korea state media warns of nuclear strike if provoked
- North Korean state media on Tuesday warned of a nuclear attack on the United States at any sign of a U.S. pre-emptive strike as a U.S. Navy strike group led by a nuclear-powered aircraft steamed towards the western Pacific.
Tension has escalated sharply on the Korean peninsula with talk of military action by the United States gaining traction following its strikes last week against Syria and amid concerns the reclusive North may soon conduct a sixth nuclear test.
"Our revolutionary strong army is keenly watching every move by enemy elements with our nuclear sight focused on the U.S. invasionary bases not only in South Korea and the Pacific operation theater but also in the U.S. mainland," it said.
South Korean acting President Hwang Kyo-ahn warned of "greater provocations" by North Korea and ordered the military to intensify monitoring and to ensure close communication with the United States.(Excerpt) Read more at: reuters.com ...
- Photo credit(s): reuters.com
- North Korea on Thursday re-asserted its demand that the US should recognise it as a nuclear state.
- North Korean state media said Wednesday the U.S. missile defense shield scheduled for deployment in South Korea will be the number one target..
- North Korea has claimed it has successfully tested a rocket that will let it launch nuclear strikes on the United States.
- North Korea threatened a pre-emptive nuclear strike against South Korea and the U.S., including the American homeland, over the two nations' joint military exercises.