China threatens to bomb North Korea's nuclear facilities if they cross China's s "bottom line"
- With everyone putting down new and/or revised "red lines", be it on Syria or North Korea, it was now China's turn to reveal its "red" or rather "bottom line", and in a harshly worded editorial titled "The United States Must Not Choose a Wrong Direction to Break the DPRK Nuclear Deadlock on Wednesday" Beijing warned it would attack North Korea's facilities producing nuclear bombs, effectively engaging in an act of war, if North Korea crosses China's "bottom line."
The editorial in the military-focused Global Times tabloid, owned and operated by the Communist Party's People's Daily newspaper, said that North Korea's nuclear activities must not jeopardize northeastern China, and that if the North impacts China with its illicit nuclear tests through either "nuclear leakage or pollution", then China will respond with force.
This, as the editorial puts it, is the "bottom line" for China; should it be crossed China will employ all means available including the military means to strike back," warned the editorial.(Excerpt) Read more at: zerohedge.com ...
- Photo credit(s): zerohedge.com
- North Korea threatened a pre-emptive nuclear strike against South Korea and the U.S., including the American homeland, over the two nations' joint military exercises.
- North Korea has threatened to attack the US with nuclear weapons if the country "forces it to do so".
- North Korea threatened on Monday to target the United States with its nuclear weapons to stop "an ever-increasing nuclear threat" from the United States.
- North Korean state media on Tuesday warned of a nuclear attack on the United States at any sign of a U.S. pre-emptive strike..