LAPD Prepping For 'Riot Mode' If Donald Trump Wins
- While not overtly ramping things up as much as the New York Police Department is tonight on the East Coast, the Los Angeles Police Department has quietly put in place plans to counter any disturbances on the streets if GOP nominee Donald Trump is elected president. "The polite thing to say is that this is not unusual, but this has been a very unusual election," said a senior law enforcement official with knowledge of tonight's LAPD plans. "We are ready to go into riot mode if required, if the order comes."
"Tempers are frayed in a number of our communities from the inflammatory language and policies that some have proposed," the official added, noting that minority-dominated neighborhoods in East L.A. and South L.A. are of concern. "If the outcome sees Mr. Trump elected, measures are in place to maintain calm, if need be."
"It's business as usual," LAPD Lt. Chris Ramirez told Deadline on Tuesday, not confirming the additional measures. "Most of our patrols have been given a list of polling places to make sure there is no violence or intimidation."(Excerpt) Read more at: deadline.com ...
- Photo credit(s): deadline.com
- More than 5,000 police officers will flood midtown Manhattan around the Election Day gatherings for Democrat Hillary Clinton and...
- The Sioux tribe has said that the proposed $3.7 billion pipeline will desecrate sacred lands and burial grounds, and devastate local wildlife and water sources
- Three in four Americans (76 percent) say they have 'a great deal' of respect for the police in their area, up 12 percentage points..
- A patriotic, pre-game celebration honoring law enforcement and first responders at a high school football game has drawn the ire..
- Detroit Police Chief James Craig addressed a personal threat to his life on Friday afternoon.
- San Antonio's police chief has disciplined 23 officers who donned Donald Trump "Make America Great Again" caps while on duty and in uniform.