The Federal Bureau of Investigation knew about Russia's cyber attempts to interfere with the U.S. election and elect Donald Trump to the presidency..
John McCain says he gave dossier containing 'sensitive information' to FBI
- Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) says he delivered a dossier to FBI Director James Comey late last year containing unverified claims that Russia had gathered compromising information on President-elect Donald Trump.
"Late last year, I received sensitive information that has since been made public," McCain said in a statement on Wednesday. "Upon examination of the contents, and unable to make a judgement about their accuracy, I delivered the information to the Director of the FBI. That has been the extent of my contact with the FBI or any other government agency regarding this issue."
The two-page summary is based on a collection memos created by political opponents of Trump during his presidential campaign, alleging that the Russians had compromising information on Trump. The memos were purportedly compiled by a former British intelligence official.(Excerpt) Read more at: thehill.com ...
- Photo credit(s): thehill.com
- Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is alleging that the FBI has "explosive information" about a connection between Donald Trump and the Russian government..
- Donald Trump suggested Thursday that Democratic rival Hillary Clinton was "probably" given immunity to talk to the FBI for their investigation into her emails.
- FBI Director James Comey testified Wednesday that former Hillary Clinton chief of staff Cheryl Mills and another top aide had "some" classified material..
- Hillary Clinton told ABC World News Tonight anchor David Muir Tuesday that she disagrees with Director James Comey's assessment..
- Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton lost several mobile telephones carrying e-mails from her private server during her time in office..