Rex Tillerson Says Destroying ISIS Still 'First Priority' In Syria
- The destruction of ISIS is still the primary goal of U.S. policy in Syria, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Sunday.
During an interview on "Face The Nation," Tillerson told CBS's John Dickerson that the U.S. and its allies must wipe out the ISIS presence in Syria and Iraq before addressing the future of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
U.S. policy in Syria was upended last week when President Donald Trump ordered a punitive missile strike on the al-Assad regime in response to its devastating chemical weapons attack on Syrian rebels. Tillerson said at the time that "steps are underway" to form an international coalition that would seek to remove al-Assad through some kind of negotiated settlement.(Excerpt) Read more at: dailycaller.com ...
- Photo credit(s): dailycaller.com
- A former suspect in a gang murder has fled to Syria - after being radicalised in what is allegedly one of Britain's most secure..
- While the Islamic State continues to lose significant amounts of territory and manpower, al-Qaida's branch in Syria is returning to prominence with increased suicide attacks.
- A Long Island man was arrested Friday for allegedly travelling abroad to join ISIS.
- The United States is open to carrying out joint operations with Russia in its fight against the Daesh (ISIL) terrorist group in Syria..
- A Syrian man has been arrested in Germany on suspicion of seeking 180,000 euros ($190,000) from the Islamic State group to buy vehicles that he..
- President Obama's announcement of a waiver for arming unspecified rebel groups in Syria came shortly before the terrorist group Islamic State..