Hungary's immigration and asylum office says 94 of 102 asylum-seekers detained in a closed reception center have launched a hunger strike..
Hungary military opens base to stop migrants
- Hungary's defense minister has inaugurated a small military base on the country's southern border to prevent the entry of migrants.
Defense Minister Istvan Simicsko said Monday that the troops were working to defend the borders "so hundreds of thousands won't march across the country" as in 2015.
Hungary first built fences on the borders with Serbia and Croatia in late 2015.(Excerpt) Read more at: abcnews.go.com ...
- Photo credit(s): theguardian.com
- Hungary approved plans on Tuesday to detain migrants in camps on its border, state news agency MTI said, a step..
- Hungary is building a border wall that can send electric shocks to migrants.
- Hungary has announced that it will build a second fence along its border with Serbia to prevent the free movement of migrants..
- Hungary's right-wing Prime Minister Viktor Orban said today he has defied Brussels by reintroducing the systematic detention of migrants..
- Everything in relation to the migration crisis depends on whether the borders are closed down or not, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán said on Friday..
- A German court has ruled that Hungary is now "too dangerous" to send deported migrants as the court alleges the Hungarian government treats them inhumanely.
- The president of Hungary's far-right Jobbik party says it will present a draft in parliament adding anti-migrant clauses to the constitution.