Hungary will sue the European Commission and resist mandatory migrant resettlement quotas if Brussels does not take them off the agenda..
Hungary migrant ban narrowly fails in parliamentary vote
- Hungary's parliament has narrowly failed to pass a plan proposed by the prime minister, Viktor Orbán, to ban the resettlement of migrants in the country.
The proposed constitutional amendment got 131 votes in the 199-seat parliament - a majority of 65.8% but just short of the two-thirds majority needed to make the change. Opposition parties boycotted the vote.(Excerpt) Read more at: theguardian.com ...
- Photo credit(s): theguardian.com
- VILLAGERS claim their home of 2,500 is being torn apart by the imminent arrival of more than 50 Calais refugees.
- Hungarians go to the polls today in a referendum that puts further pressure on the European Union after the Brexit vote.
- A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of attempting to rape a 12-year-old girl at a refugee camp in Hungary.
- A month ahead of Hungary's referendum on European Union migrant quotas, the government's relentless anti-migrant campaign has become inescapable..
- Hungary will build a new, "more massive" fence on its southern borders to defend against a possible surge in the number of migrants.
- Bavaria's premier, whose state bore the brunt of recent attacks in Germany, took aim at Chancellor Angela Merkel's open-door refugee policy.