Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton lamented during a campaign event in Philadelphia Wednesday that America has "too many guns."
Hillary Clinton: Americans need to be as scared of gun violence as they are terrorism
- Hillary Clinton believes Americans need to be as worried about gun violence as they are about terrorism.
Clinton was prompted by the question: "What would you do to address terrorism?"
"Well, these are legitimate fears. I believe that people are rightly concerned about violence. Terrorism is part of that violence, and we have to do the best job we can to keep America safe," Clinton responded.
The presidential candidate continued, pointing to her plan to go hard after terrorist groups like the Islamic State with traditional warfare as well as with cyberattacks.
"But I'm looking at violence broadly," Clinton added. "It's also why I've advocated gun-safety reform, like comprehensive background checks, closing the gun-show loophole, closing the online loophole - because, you know, it's not only terrorists we need to be worried about.(Excerpt) Read more at: washingtonexaminer.com ...
- Photo credit(s): washingtonexaminer.com
- Rising concerns that a Clinton administration would ban the AR-15, the nation's top selling weapon, and pack the courts with gun control fanatics.
- Donald Trump on Friday wondered aloud what would happen to Hillary Clinton should her Secret Service detail disarm.
- Two weeks ago, the PEW Research Center released a survey showing that gun ownership by households is up to 44%..
- The gun violence in Chicago is at a level not seen in twenty years, and that's led to a proposal that bullets sold in Illinois..
- A Pew Research Center survey released August 26 shows majority support for protecting the right to gun ownership versus passing more laws..
- Donald Trump fired off an M-4 rifle on Thursday as he took his 'law and order' appeal to a gun range at a police lodge.
- America's top Olympic shooter, Kim Rhode, took a strong stand against gun control laws, offering full support for carrying concealed weapons and attacking gun legislation.