Conservative House Republicans said Monday night that they have enough votes to block the GOP's legislation to dismantle the Affordable Care Act..
GOP owns health care dilemma now, and voter skepticism
- Something new is happening in a health care debate dominated for seven years by the twists and turns of Barack Obama's signature law. The focus has shifted to ideas from President Donald Trump and GOP lawmakers in Congress, and most people don't like what they see.
With Republicans in command, their health care proposals as currently formulated have generated far more concern than enthusiasm.
March polls by Fox News and Quinnipiac University showed overall margins of opposition to the GOP proposal nearing or even exceeding those of Obama's Affordable Care Act, or ACA, at its lowest points - such as when the HealthCare.gov website opened for business in 2013 and promptly crashed.
"Republicans are taking ownership of the health care issue, and all the pleasure and pain of health reform," said Drew Altman, president of the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation, a clearinghouse for information about the health care system. "There has been a shift in focus from the ACA itself to the Republican plans, and who might lose benefits as a result."(Excerpt) Read more at: hosted.ap.org ...
- Photo credit(s): hosted.ap.org
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) hasn't been shy about his issues with the Republican health care overhaul plan..
- Conservative lawmakers emerged from a White House meeting with President Trump Thursday saying they still had no deal to vote for a crucial bill..
- Fourteen million more people would become uninsured next year - and a total of 24 million more by the year 2026..
- Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a member of House leadership, said Tuesday the GOP's plan to repeal and replace ObamaCare..
- Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky on Tuesday said the House GOP's new health care plan "will not pass" and said a provision hiking premiums for..
- Republican members of the House voted Monday to strip the independence from the Office of Congressional Ethics, bringing the non-partisan watchdog..