The leader of Germany's right-wing populist AfD party has called for failed asylum seekers to be housed on islands outside Europe.
Germany to speed up repatriation of failed Tunisian asylum seekers: Angela Merkel
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel has announced that her cabinet wants to accelerate the repatriation procedures for failed asylum seekers from Tunisia. Her statement follows the Berlin Christmas market attack allegedly carried out by a Tunisian national.
"We have ... made progress this year on the very important issue of deporting Tunisian citizens who have no right to stay in Germany," Merkel said during a press conference on Friday. "I told the Tunisian president that we have to significantly speed up the deportation process and increase the number of people sent back," she added.READ MORE: Sweden needs more immigrants to sustain welfare system with aging population, says official
"The government will immediately develop and implement all necessary measures wherever [we] see a need for political or legislative changes," Merkel said, as cited by Der Spiegel.
She also stressed that Germany still faces a serious terrorist threat that requires active countermeasures from the government, promising to "do everything that is humanly possible" to ensure that Germany remains "a strong state."(Excerpt) Read more at: rt.com ...
- Photo credit(s): rt.com
- Migrants from Syria and Iraq almost never have their asylum applications rejected, but among those who do, only half actually leave Germany.
- A VIOLENT asylum seeker allegedly attacked a German official with a knife after being told he will be deported from the country.
- A migrant home in a small German town is costing taxpayers more than €500,000 per month to house just 21 migrants, and other facilities are..
- AN asylum seeker sexually assaulted a woman in the toilet of a German nightclub after she refused to dance with him, according to reports.
- Increasing numbers of female refugees are abandoning their accommodation centres in Germany to seek sanctuary in homes for domestic violence victims.
- GERMAN police have set up a 'migrant crime team' aimed at combatting the rise in robberies, violent and sexual crimes perpetrated by migrants.
- eden needs more immigrants not fewer to sustain its cradle-to-grave welfare system and care for an ageing population, a senior official at the state employment..
- Germany should once again review and reshape its policy towards migrants and refugees in light of the attack at a Christmas market in Berlin..
- Austrian police will distribute 6,000 pocket alarms on New Year's Eve to help prevent incidents like the mass sex assaults in neighbouring..
- Czech Finance Minister Andrej Babis said on Tuesday that German Chancellor Angela Merkel bore responsibility for the attack on a Berlin Christmas market..
- POLICE in Cologne are preparing for a repeat of last year's shocking migrant sex attacks by emptying dozens of prison cells in advance of..
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel is facing a huge dilemma as police and security services work to piece together the facts behind the latest apparent terror..