The German government on Monday rejected Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan's comparison of current German policies to the Nazi era..
Germany says Tayyip Erdogan's Nazi comparisons are unacceptable
- Germany on Monday dismissed as unacceptable an accusation by Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan that Chancellor Angela Merkel is "applying Nazi methods" against Turks and Turkish officials in Germany.
"Nazi comparisons are unacceptable in any form," a German government spokeswoman said, adding that it was up to Turkey to tone down its rhetoric and avert damage to relations between the two countries.(Excerpt) Read more at: uk.reuters.com ...
- Photo credit(s): uk.reuters.com
- A politician from the rightwing populist Alternative for Germany (AfD) party has broken with the country's postwar political consensus..
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democratic Union party on Wednesday passed a resolution opposing the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS)..
- A conservative politician extensively quoted a poem in parliament on Tuesday which accused the Turkish president of having a penchant for child porn.
- A German man has been charged with incitement to hatred after he was pictured with a tattoo apparently of the Auschwitz Nazi death camp.