A new poll conducted in the German region of Hesse shows that despite the slowdown in migrants over the last year a majority want a..
Almost Half of Criminal Suspects in Munich Are "Non-Germans"
- The proportion of non-German criminal suspects has risen over the past year and as asylum seekers are now counted separately, they account for almost 10 per cent of criminal suspects in Munich.
The statistics, which come from the Bavarian police, show the number of non-German criminal suspects has increased over the past year from 46 to 48 per cent and the crime rate overall has risen six per cent in the city. The report is the first time that asylum seekers have been recorded separately from other non-Germans and account for one in five non-German suspects or 8.6 per cent of total suspects, Merkur reports.
Green Party politician Gülseren Demirel says the reason migrants are skipping out on fares for public transportation is because the tickets they get from the social welfare office are only valid from 9 am and migrants refuse to spend their "pocket money" on transport. Asylum workers claim they need the money for their mobile phones, instead.
Norbert Huber from the Catholic charity Caritas gives some justification for why police have reported an increase in violent assaults, particularly around and inside asylum centres. He said, "They have no prospect and feel they have nothing to lose anyway", and blamed their inability to find jobs.(Excerpt) Read more at: breitbart.com ...
- Photo credit(s): breitbart.com
- German police are frustrated by the large number of immigrants who are allowed to regularly commit crimes and nevertheless remain in the country..
- A German federal state is considering forbidding the deportation of all migrants who happen to witness, or are victims of, "right wing" crimes..
- An Afghan teenager arrested on suspicion of the rape and murder of a woman in south-west Germany had already been convicted of attempted murder..
- More than half of Germans see refugees and integration as Germany's biggest problem, a survey showed on Friday, despite the number of newcomers..
- Chancellor Angela Merkel insisted Wednesday that Germany's record refugee influx last year had not led to a surge in violent crime, despite a rash ..
- A group of German activists have carried out a study which found that rates of sexual offenses increase significantly in the vicinity of asylum reception..
- Germany warns against backlash over Afghan refugee suspected of raping & murdering university studentThe German government said on Monday nobody should try to make political capital out of a criminal case involving an Afghan refugee suspected..