A special commission in the northern German city of Braunschweig will investigate over 300 cases of fraud committed by asylum applicants..
280,000 asylum seekers came to Germany in 2016
- Germany received 280,000 asylum seekers in 2016, the Interior Ministry said, marking a sharp drop from the previous year.
In 2015, at the height of Europe's migration crisis, Germany took in 890,000 people - over three times the number registered the following year.(Excerpt) Read more at: eblnews.com ...
- Photo credit(s): eblnews.com
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel has announced that her cabinet wants to accelerate the repatriation procedures for failed asylum seekers from Tunisia.
- A VIOLENT asylum seeker allegedly attacked a German official with a knife after being told he will be deported from the country.
- AN asylum seeker sexually assaulted a woman in the toilet of a German nightclub after she refused to dance with him, according to reports.
- Increasing numbers of female refugees are abandoning their accommodation centres in Germany to seek sanctuary in homes for domestic violence victims.
- GERMAN police have set up a 'migrant crime team' aimed at combatting the rise in robberies, violent and sexual crimes perpetrated by migrants.
- The leader of Germany's right-wing populist AfD party has called for failed asylum seekers to be housed on islands outside Europe.