German Chancellor Angela Merkel has announced that her cabinet wants to accelerate the repatriation procedures for failed asylum seekers from Tunisia.
Asylum seekers scam German aid program for millions by applying with multiple fake IDs
- A special commission in the northern German city of Braunschweig will investigate over 300 cases of fraud committed by asylum applicants, who gamed the welfare system by using multiple IDs to claim benefits - and that may just be the tip of the iceberg.
The estimated total loss of taxpayer money in the state of Lower Saxony alone has been put at three to five million euros ($3.2-5.3 million), Regional German broadcaster NDR reported.
The scammers allegedly took advantage of the extreme workload the civil servants who were registering the applications were under in the summer of 2015, at the peak of the European migrant crisis.(Excerpt) Read more at: rt.com ...
- Photo credit(s): rt.com
- A migrant home in a small German town is costing taxpayers more than €500,000 per month to house just 21 migrants, and other facilities are..
- AN asylum seeker sexually assaulted a woman in the toilet of a German nightclub after she refused to dance with him, according to reports.
- Increasing numbers of female refugees are abandoning their accommodation centres in Germany to seek sanctuary in homes for domestic violence victims.
- GERMAN police have set up a 'migrant crime team' aimed at combatting the rise in robberies, violent and sexual crimes perpetrated by migrants.
- The leader of Germany's right-wing populist AfD party has called for failed asylum seekers to be housed on islands outside Europe.
- A group of asylum seekers sexually assaulted women at a music concert in the German city of Darmstadt, said police.