UK Independence Party leader Nigel Farage has taken one step closer to backing Front National candidate Marine Le Pen in the French presidential elections..
French Presidential Race Kicks Off With Marine Le Pen Hammering Euro
- The French presidential campaign swings back into gear on Tuesday with most of the major candidates taking to the airwaves and the nationalist Marine Le Pen renewing her attacks on the European model of immigration, budget controls and currency union.
National Front leader Le Pen, who pollsters expect to reach the second round of voting, stuck closely to her party's traditional themes in an hour-long interview on RMC radio this morning. Socialist contenders including former Prime Minister Manuel Valls and former Education Minister Vincent Peillon held press conferences setting out their policy programs while the frontrunner Francois Fillon will speak on the evening news.
With the two-round election scheduled for April 23 and May 7, the candidates have about four months to make their cases to voters worried about terrorism, immigration and a lackluster economy.(Excerpt) Read more at: bloomberg.com ...
- Photo credit(s): bloomberg.com
- National Front leader Marine Le Pen has taken a commanding lead in the latest French presidential election poll.
- French Prime Minister Manuel Valls did not rule out Marine Le Pen of the right-wing Front National (FN) party might win the 2017 presidential election..
- THE French presidential race has been rocked after a opinion poll showed leader of the National Front party, Marine Le Pen..
- French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen said that NATO exists only 'to serve Washington's objectives', and that she planned to hold a Brexit-style referendum..
- Far-right candidate Norbert Hofer has lost Austria's presidential election.