French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said on Monday he was a candidate for next year's presidential election and wanted to unite the Left.
French Presidential Candidate Manuel Valls Proposes Conference to 'Refound' Europe
- Former French Prime Minister Manuel Valls has called for a conference to address the question of refounding the European Union in his program for the French Socialist Party presidential election primaries.
If elected, Valls wants to hold "a refounding conference... to create the conditions for a consensus essential to the survival of the European project," he said, outlining his program on Tuesday.
He also proposed a pause in the expansion of the European Union and an end to plans for Turkey to join the bloc.(Excerpt) Read more at: sputniknews.com ...
- Photo credit(s): sputniknews.com
- French Prime Minister Manuel Valls did not rule out Marine Le Pen of the right-wing Front National (FN) party might win the 2017 presidential election..
- Far-right candidate Norbert Hofer has lost Austria's presidential election.
- French President Francois Hollande has declared in a statement that he will not seek a second term in office in the upcoming election in 2017.
- French conservative politician Francois Fillon has said he doesn't want the country to be multi-cultural and promised 'radical' changes..
- UK Independence Party leader Nigel Farage has taken one step closer to backing Front National candidate Marine Le Pen in the French presidential elections..