Top eurocrats fear that should Marine Le Pen win the French presidency, the European Union will not survive.
Marine Le Pen says France not responsible for WWII Jew round-up
- Far-right presidential candidate Marine Le Pen denied Sunday that the French state was responsible for the wartime round-up of Jews at a Paris cycling track who were then sent to Nazi death camps.
Former President Jacques Chirac and current leader Francois Hollande have both apologised for the role French police played in the round-up of more than 13,000 Jews at the Vel d'Hiv cycling track which was ordered by Nazi officers in 1942.
She added: "I think that generally speaking if there are people responsible, it's those who were in power at the time. It's not France."
The leader of the National Front (FN) party said France had "taught our children that they have all the reasons to criticise (the country), and to only see, perhaps, the darkest aspects of our history".(Excerpt) Read more at: yahoo.com ...
- Photo credit(s): yahoo.com
- Far-right leader Marine Le Pen could win the forthcoming presidential election in France, President Francois Hollande warned on Monday..
- Marine Le Pen has vowed to make France the "model nation-state" if she wins the presidency this year, saying she is the only candidate..
- Thirteen French police officers and gendarmes were hurt in Saturday's protests against the planned visit by presidential candidate Marine Le Pen..
- A daily opinion poll has suggested that Marine Le Pen will WIN the first round of voting when France goes to the polls.
- French far-right presidential candidate Marine Le Pen will make employers who hire foreigners pay a tax worth 10 percent of the salary paid..
- Marine Le Pen, the leader of the Far-Right National Front, is ahead in the polls as France heads towards the first round of presidential elections..
- Far-right French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen said on Tuesday she would seek to repatriate production of French motor vehicles..