Two U.S. intelligence officials have confirmed to NBC News that FBI Director James Comey and Director of National Intelligence James Clapper..
FBI opens criminal hunt for source of CIA hacking leak
- The FBI has opened a criminal investigation into the release of a large cache of potentially classified information by Wikileaks on Tuesday -- thousands of documents the website says reveal the entire cyber espionage capabilities of the CIA.
Multiple U.S. officials reportedly confirmed the investigation Wednesday, which will be coordinated by both federal agencies. The main thrust of the probe, the officials said, will be how WikiLeaks acquired the nearly 8,000 items it published Tuesday and whether the site might be holding more.(Excerpt) Read more at: upi.com ...
- Photo credit(s): upi.com
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation knew about Russia's cyber attempts to interfere with the U.S. election and elect Donald Trump to the presidency..
- The overseers of the U.S. intelligence community have not embraced a CIA assessment that Russian cyber attacks were aimed at helping Republican..
- The FBI did not corroborate the CIA's claim that Russia had a hand in the election
- Attorney General Loretta Lynch spoke today after triggering a controversy by meeting on her private plane with former President Bill Clinton.