Refugees refusing asylum destinations 'outrageous,' says EU chief
- A top European Union official says refugees cannot pick and choose where to be lodged in Europe and that they have a responsibility to go where space is available.
EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said Monday that "it's outrageous" and "not acceptable for refugees in Greece and Italy to refuse to take the plane for destinations other than Germany."(Excerpt) Read more at: bigstory.ap.org ...
- Photo credit(s): thestar.com
- The United Nations' human rights chief on Monday doubled down on his criticism of political leaders who are leery of admitting refugees due to security..
- More than 7,000 refugees have lost their patience with German authorities for their delay in handling asylum applications and have filed..
- The United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination yesterday released its concluding observations..
- Swedish Migration Minister Morgan Johansson expressed dissatisfaction on Friday with Hungary's "unacceptable" unwillingness to welcome refugees from other European countries.