The French foreign minister has described Donald Trump's approach to China as "not very clever", warning the US president-elect not to threaten..
EU preparing early China summit in message to Donald Trump - sources
- The European Union is preparing an early summit with China in April or May in Brussels to promote free trade and international cooperation in the face of a more protectionist and inward-looking Washington, three EU officials said.
China and the EU hold a summit every year, usually in July, and a date has yet to be fixed formally for 2017. One of the officials said Beijing had requested it to take place as early as possible. China's Foreign Ministry declined to comment.
"With an early summit, China wants to send a message to the United States that it has friends in Europe," said one official, who helps formulate EU policy.
The EU, on the other hand, wants to solicit China's vocal support for international institutions such as the United Nations, which Trump chided and Russia bypassed in securing a ceasefire in Syria through direct talks with Iran and Turkey.(Excerpt) Read more at: reuters.com ...
- Photo credit(s): reuters.com
- Denmark is ready to increase military and national security spending, Prime Minister Lars Lokke Rasmussen said on Wednesday..
- FORMER French foreign minister Hubert Védrine, the author of Saving Europe, does not think that Donald Trump..
- US President-elect Donald Trump's threat to stamp out favoritism and political social advancement has hit home in London, where many..
- One of Vladimir Putin's closest advisors has claimed Donald Trump's victory has averted a third world war.
- Donald Trump's victory is an "additional stone in the building of a new world", Marine Le Pen has said.
- Hundreds gathered in front of Berlin's Brandenburg Gate on Saturday, to protest against US president-elect Donald Trump.
- The anti-mass migration Alternative for Germany (AfD) party has criticised the German political establishment for their "hysterical" reaction..