Texas Republican elector Christopher Suprun has already stated he will not cast his electoral vote for President-elect Donald Trump..
Donald Trump Wins Electoral College Vote; 2 Faithless GOP Electors Defect
- According to the LawNewz.com count, Donald Trump officially received the necessary 270 electoral votes to become the 45th President of the United States. This despite a concerted effort leading up to Monday's Electoral College meeting to persuade GOP Electors to vote against the Republican presidential nominee. 36 out of 38 GOP Texas electors voted for Donald Trump giving Trump a total of 304 Electors overall. The 2 "faithless electors"in Texas voted for Ron Paul, and John Kasich.
It's not clear who entered the faithless votes. However, Christopher Suprun, a 9/11 first responder, was the only to announce early on that he would veer from the State's popular vote. Suprun believes that Trump is unfit to be President and has made his intention to vote against the Republican nominee known for several weeks.(Excerpt) Read more at: lawnewz.com ...
- Photo credit(s): cnbc.com
- Republican Donald Trump isn't backing down from his comments about Mexican immigrants bringing crime with them when they enter into the United States illegally.
- More than 50 members of the Electoral College will not be briefed on potential Russian interference in last month's presidential election, sources said Friday.
- With less than a week to go until the Electoral College meets to cast their votes on Dec. 19, the Republican National Committee is overseeing..
- A Democratic lawmaker is desperately lobbying the Electoral College to shun Donald Trump, and vote for Hillary Clinton - even though he..
- A Republican Electoral College member from Texas has decided to step down because his conscience will not allow him to back Donald Trump for president.