President-elect Donald Trump's incoming counselor said Thursday that Trump "does believe it's time to move on and look forward to the next administration."
Congress Urges Donald Trump to Move U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem
- A delegation of more than 100 members of Congress wrote to President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday, urging him to relocate the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem "as soon as you take office," according to correspondence obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.
The lawmakers wrote to back Trump's campaign pledge to move the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, a policy shift the Obama administration has opposed.
The letter, spearheaded by Rep. Ron DeSantis (R., Fla.), urges Trump to send a message to the world that the United States views Jerusalem as "the eternal capital of the Jewish people," according to the missive.
The move would be a decisive break with the current White House, which has long maintained that Jerusalem is not part of Israel.(Excerpt) Read more at: freebeacon.com ...
- Photo credit(s): freebeacon.com
- U.S. President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday chided the Obama administration for its stance toward Israel, shortly before the U.S. secretary..
- The United Nations Security Council should veto a proposed resolution calling on Israel to stop the building of settlements..
- Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is reportedly President-elect Donald Trump's pick for ambassador to Israel.
- Israelis who support the Jewish presence in the occupied West Bank were buoyed Thursday after a top adviser to Donald Trump..
- Israeli government ministers and political figures are pushing the US president-elect, Donald Trump, to quickly fulfill his campaign promise..
- GOP nominee Donald Trump released a statement late Thursday evening repeating his promise that his administration would recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.