The St. Louis Progressive Students Organization is organizing major disruptions at Donald Trump's rally at the Peabody Opera House in downtown St. Louis.
Black politicians plan Donald Trump resistance
- After eight years of the nation's first African-American president, black lawmakers were in for an adjustment no matter who won the White House.
But members of the Congressional Black Caucus say they're bracing for the worst in Donald Trump, fearing a presidency that could set minorities back decades.
"The stakes are incredibly high and our community is counting on us as the last line of defense between Donald Trump and the worst of what America could offer," Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) said.
"This is not the normal incoming president," added Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.). "We had no plan for George Bush. I think Charlie Rangel and John Conyers would tell you they didn't even have a plan for Richard Nixon. But this is not the norm."(Excerpt) Read more at: politico.com ...
- Photo credit(s): politico.com
- The three founders of Black Lives Matter have said they will not accept Donald Trump as their president and would refuse to meet..
- A Florida high school teacher was placed on leave after he was accused of making a racist threat inspired by Donald Trump..
- A Cornell University history professor called for a general strike by black artists, academics and professionals this week in response to Donald Trump's presidential election..
- It's been about 48 hours since Donald Trump's surprise win in the US presidential election, but Alicia Scotland-Smalls..
- Speaking with MSNBC outside a rally in Charlotte, North Carolina, a family of black Donald Trump supporters who explained they like Trump because..
- Black Lives Matter gathered in front of the Cleveland police union headquarters Tuesday evening to protest the union's endorsement of Republican nominee Donald Trump.
- A new LA Times Daily Tracking poll shows that the bombastic Republican nominee has managed to attract support from a growing number of minority..
- Former Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy on Sunday blamed the Black Lives Matter movement for causing a rise in violent crime around the country.
- The subjects of a TV documentary series about the Ku Klux Klan abruptly canceled last week by A&E allege to Variety that significant portions..
- Matthew Johnson, President of the Los Angeles Police Commission, recently filed a restraining order against Black Lives Matter activist Trevor Gerard.
- Three rookie Miami police officers fired two days before Christmas joked in a group chat with other cops about using predominately black neighborhoods ..
- The Arkansas teacher accused of calling Michelle Obama "First Chimp" in a Facebook post has resigned, according the school district.
- Black Lives Matter, joined by other Chicago community activists, protested Chicago's rising violence outside the mayor's house Wednesday night.