The Democratic National Committee "rebuffed" a request from the FBI to examine its computer services after it was allegedly hacked by Russia during..
James Comey: DNC denied FBI's requests for access to hacked servers
- The FBI requested direct access to the Democratic National Committee's (DNC) hacked computer servers but was denied, Director James Comey told lawmakers on Tuesday.
The bureau made "multiple requests at different levels," according to Comey, but ultimately struck an agreement with the DNC that a "highly respected private company" would get access and share what it found with investigators.
The director was testifying before the Senate Intelligence Committee in a rare open session on Russian interference in the U.S. presidential election.
The DNC and the bureau have been quibbling in news reports over whether the FBI asked to examine its servers directly.(Excerpt) Read more at: thehill.com ...
- Photo credit(s): thehill.com
- The FBI believed Huma Abedin's laptop computer did have evidence she and her boss, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, mishandled classified..
- Report: FBI Director Comey told Donald Trump that the Russian government did not influence the electionAccording to sources who were briefed on conversations that FBI Director James Comey had with President-elect Donald Trump, Comey told Trump that there..
- Senate Democrats are about to get rolled on Donald Trump's Cabinet picks. They could spend years in the minority. And instead of the GOP collapse..
- Hillary Clinton blames election loss on FBI's James Comey in farewell conference call with top donorsHillary Clinton blamed the renewed FBI inquiry into her State Department email system for blunting her momentum in the presidential election..
- Author Ed Klein joined Steve Malzberg on Newsmax TV on Wednesday after Donald Trump shocked the world by winning the US presidency..
- Top Democrats are ratcheting up their criticism of FBI Director James Comey for going public with a decision to revisit the Hillary email probe