Republican senators are warning Democrats that their efforts to resurrect racism charges against Sen. Jeff Sessions' nomination for attorney general..
Democrats to rehang painting depicting cops as pigs after GOP rep took it down
- Democratic lawmakers plan to rehang a controversial painting on Capitol Hill that angered law enforcement groups with its depiction of police officers as pigs, after Republican Rep. Duncan Hunter personally took down the picture last week.
A Monday press release from the Congressional Black Caucus and Rep. Lacy Clay, D-Mo., whose office for months had sponsored the display of the student artwork, announced that Clay and CBC members will "rehang" the piece Tuesday morning in the Cannon Tunnel.
Hunter, R-Calif., personally unscrewed and removed the painting last Friday, saying he was angered by its depiction of law enforcement officers. He then delivered the painting to Clay's office.(Excerpt) Read more at: nypost.com ...
- Photo credit(s): nypost.com
- President Barack Obama delivered a mandate to Democrats on Wednesday: "Don't rescue" Republicans on Obamacare.
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer is ready to fight Republicans over their plans to dismantle Obamacare - and he's got a slogan to encapsulate the effort..
- Democrats in general, especially Democratic women, are much more likely than Republicans to block or unfriend people on social media..
- Republicans held onto their slim Senate majority Wednesday, a stinging blow to Democrats in a night full of them. Democrats had been nearly certain..
- Democrats filed a lawsuit in federal district court in Ohio, seeking a judge's ruling to prevent Republican operatives from harassing voters at the polls
- Pennsylvania Republican Party Registers over 243,000 New Voters; Including Almost 100,000 Former DemocratsAlmost 100,000 Pennsylvania Democrats switched their party affiliation to Republican in the past ten months.
- Washington State GOP Party Chairwoman Susan Hutchison is defending Donald Trump's controversial comments about going after women.