Democrats are putting pressure on Barack Obama to openly accuse Russia of meddling in the election to help Donald Trump.
Chuck Schumer: Democrats will slow Donald Trump Cabinet confirmation hearings
- Incoming Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) says his party will target eight of President-elect Donald Trump's Cabinet picks in an attempt to draw out the confirmation process, according to the Washington Post.
Schumer told Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) that Democrats will target Trump's picks to head the State, Justice and Education departments, as well as the Office of Management and Budget.
"If Republicans think they can quickly jam through a whole slate of nominees without a fair hearing process, they're sorely mistaken," he added, alleging Trump's picks "would break key campaign promises and have made billions off the industries they'd be tasked with regulating."(Excerpt) Read more at: thehill.com ...
- Photo credit(s): thehill.com
- There is a sort of unofficial tradition in this country that ex-Presidents of the United States generally remain silent on major legal and policy matters..
- Democratic Party officials sued Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump in four battleground states on Monday..
- Washington State GOP Party Chairwoman Susan Hutchison is defending Donald Trump's controversial comments about going after women.
- Minnesota Democrats are asking the state's Supreme Court to remove Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump from the ballot.