Exactly one year ago today, the first plane carrying 163 Syrian refugees from Lebanon who had been selected for resettlement ..
Danish MP wants immigrants & refugees to celebrate Christmas to become 'Danes'
- The Danish People's Party has sparked outrage after calling for immigrants and refugees to celebrate Christmas and other Christian festivals if they wish to call themselves "Danish."
According to the right-wing party's spokesperson, Martin Henriksen, making new arrivals go to church would put them "on the right track."READ MORE: Czech President: Muslim Migrants Should Work in Their Own Countries, Not Claim Benefits in the West
"To do that, you need to understand Christianity and its meaning for the Danish people," he said. "You have to participate in that part of our cultural package to experience the things that bind the majority of our population together through common rituals and traditions."(Excerpt) Read more at: rt.com ...
- Photo credit(s): rt.com
- The man tasked with bringing thousands of Syrian refugees to Canada says that while Canadians were quick to embrace Syrian refugees..
- Australian immigration minister accused of inciting racial hatred over comments on Lebanese-Muslim refugeesAustralia's Immigration Minister Peter Dutton stoked controversy this week when he declared it a "mistake" to bring Lebanese Muslim migrants..
- Canada's open approach to immigration and its willingness to welcome tens of thousands of Syrian refugees is an "enlightened" move that..
- As students across Denmark return to school this week, many will be joined by new classmates who can't yet speak Danish.
- Danish opposition parties have called for young asylum seekers to be punished by being forcibly detained within their accommodation centres.
- Three asylum seekers have been charged for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl at a festival on the island of Funen.