The executive order regarding immigration signed by President Donald Trump Wednesday will create an office to study the effects of illegal alien crime..
CNN: Being an Illegal Alien 'Not Necessarily' a Crime
- Illegal aliens who have overstayed their visas are "not necessarily" committing a crime just by remaining in the country illegally, according to CNN.
The cable network explained in a piece titled "Are undocumented immigrants committing a crime? Not necessarily", noting that they are not technically committing a crime by refusing to leave the U.S.:
Many foreign nationals, however, enter the country legally every day on valid work or travel visas, and end up overstaying for a variety of reasons.
But that's not a violation of federal criminal law - it's a civil violation that gets handled in immigration court proceedings.
In fact, a 2006 study showed that roughly 45% of undocumented immigrants originally entered the US legally, but then remained in the country without authorization after their visas had expired.
Executive Director of the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) Mark Krikorian, though, says visa over-stays must commit a slew of federal crimes not only to remain in the U.S., but to work in the country as well.(Excerpt) Read more at: breitbart.com ...
- Photo credit(s): breitbart.com
- The American victims who have lost their children to illegal alien crime denounced Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)'s "voterless victory" in Colorado.
- An elementary school teacher in southern Washington state has been placed on administrative leave after a Facebook post encouraging the deportation..
- During the month of November alone, the Obama administration sent enough border-crossing illegal alien children to live in American communities..
- An illegal alien who killed two women in a drunken hit-and-run in Louisville, Ky. in October has been deported eight times, the Justice Department..